Three Week Look-Ahead 1/22/20-2/12/20
Heads up for later this week: Issaquah-Fall City Road, in the area in front of Pacific Cascade Middle School, will have one lane closed from Wednesday, February 5, through Monday, February 10, so that the general contractor can install storm drainage pipe.
Traffic will be down to a single lane with flaggers between the work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Though there is a chance that the contractor will complete this work by Friday, please be prepared for the work to go through Monday the 10th.
- During peak delays, using the project detour route, Issaquah Beaver Lake Rd-Issaquah Pine Lake Road, may result in shorter drive times
- Current items of work:
- The initial roadway lowering has been completed on the south side of the road in front of PCMS
- PSE Gas, PSE Electric, Comcast, Century Link, & Verizon are relocating utilities in this lowered section of the road
- Storm drainage installation is continuing
- Construction of the pedestrian path and the retaining wall leading to the front entrance of PCMS
- The temporary roundabout at SE Issaquah-Beaver Lake Rd/256th Ave SE/E Beaver Lk Dr is pending, and is dry weather dependent for striping
On Wednesday, January 21, a PSE subcontractor will allowed to begin work at 9:00 am, rather than at the regular start time of 9:30 am. This is to allow time for the connection of an upsized 6-inch gas line for Puget Sound Energy. This is the third, and final, tie-in required on the project.
- Please be prepared for additional delays as utility relocations are currently impacting traffic (PSE Gas, PSE Electric, Comcast, Century Link).
- Using the project detour route, Issaquah Beaver Lake Rd-Issaquah Pine Lake Road, may result in shorter drive times during peak delays.
- Project work is primarily in front of Pacific Cascade Middle School (PCMS)
- Storm drainage installation has begun in the center of the roadway
- By January 23, the south side of the road will be lowered by 5 feet to remove the existing "hump"
- Utilities will be installing a PSE gas line and a joint utility trench once the road is lowered
- Work continues on the new pedestrian path and retaining wall leading to the PCMS front entrance
- The temporary roundabout at SE Issaquah Beaver Lake Rd./256th Ave./East Beaver Lake Dr. is pending, dependent on dry weather for striping