Road Projects for the Week of October 23 - 29
Upcoming Fall Construction-related Traffic Impacts
Lane closure on 228th Ave SE between SE 4th Street and Issaquah-Pine Lake Rd: Southbound curb lane to be closed 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. between September and November 2021 and may change pending further coordination with all parties. Comcast is installing new fiber optic cable for Issaquah School District’s new school, Cedar Trails Elementary, on Issaquah-Pine Lake Rd and SE 44th Street.
Lane closure on Issaquah-Pine Lake Rd between 228th Ave SE and Issaquah-Fall City Rd. and SE 44th Street: Southbound lane closure from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. between September and November 2021 and may change pending further coordination with all parties. There will be work on Saturday, October 16 and Saturday, October 23 in addition to the weekday closures. Comcast is installing new fiber optic cable for Issaquah School District's new elementary school on Issaquah-Pine Lake Rd at SE 43rd Street.
The City of Sammamish’s geotechnical engineering consultant will be coring streets in preparation for road resurfacing in 2022. Work is expected to occur between October 25th and November 3rd, but impacts are only expected for 2-3 days per location. The locations and anticipated impacts are:
- 228th Avenue between SE 8th St and NE 8th St: Directional traffic will be reduced to 1 lane around the work zone between 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The work schedule is dependent upon progress earlier in the week, but work is expected to occur between 10/28 and 11/3.
- 244th Pl SE / 246th Avenue SE / 247th Pl SE between Klahanie Blvd and IFCR: Two lanes of traffic are expected to remain open around the work at all times. Work is anticipated from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. between 10/25 and 10/29.
- Klahanie Drive SE between IFCR and 252nd Ave SE: Directional traffic will be reduced to 1 lane around the work zone. Work is anticipated from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. between 10/25 and 10/29.
East Lake Sammamish Trail South Segment B Stage 1 Construction
The King County East Lake Sammamish Trail (ELST) South Segment B Phase 1 continues with construction. There will be traffic impacts related to the closure of the gravel surface trail segment which causes the re-routing of cyclists and pedestrians to East Lake Sammamish Parkway (ELSP). Additionally, there will be construction traffic on ELSP.
- Project Start Point: Intersection of SE 33rd / East Lake Sammamish Shore Lane Drive SE
- Project End Point: Approximately 900' south of the intersection of SE 8th Street / East Lake Sammamish Parkway SE
Issaquah-Fall City Road
Grass mowing by a new contractor is scheduled in the next couple weeks to clean up overgrown areas. PSE crews have a couple repair locations on sidewalks before those areas may be finished in concrete. Other incidental plantings are planned for October.
Notices for construction activity outside of the City of Sammamish:
Issaquah Highlands Drive Upcoming
This is a City of Issaquah project. Night work on Issaquah Highlands Drive will start Monday, September 20 and run for approximately three weeks. Work crews will complete the construction of a water main from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. During these working hours, one lane southbound will be open to traffic, and there is no impact to northbound traffic.
Downtown Redmond Link Extension (DRLE) - Sound Transit work
This is a City of Redmond and Sound Transit project. To learn more about this project, please visit the DRLE tab in Cone Zone.