When and where are City Council meetings held?

    Regular City Council meetings are held on the first Tuesday and third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm, with a study session on the second Tuesday at 6:30 pm. Meeting information is available on the Sammamish CivicWeb portal

    Meetings are held in the City Council Chambers Room at City Hall. Currently the Council is meeting remotely due to COVID-19.

    Where can I place my campaign signs?

    Please see the "campaign signage" information posted under the City Council Candidate Resources page. If you have questions not answered by this information, please submit them through the form at the bottom of the page.

    May a campaign distribute pamphlets or other literature on private property?

    Yes, if the literature is distributed in one of the following ways:

    1. Placed in the hand of the intended recipient;
    2. Bound, folded, boxed or weighted in such a manner that the material cannot be blown away, scattered, or otherwise fragmented by weather conditions and/or normal pedestrian or vehicular traffic; or
    3. Deposited on the premises for which it is intended by being tied to, affixed, or slipped over a doorknob or other protrusion, or placed through a slot or opening in a front entry door or within a receptacle for such items located upon the property, or placed on the front porch next to the front entry door; provided, however, the item being distributed first shall have been rolled up and secured with a rubber band or in some other manner so as to prevent the materials from being blown away, scattered, or otherwise fragmented by weather conditions and/or normal pedestrian or vehicular traffic. As used in this section, “receptacle” means a container made of a stiff material containing the words “For Papers,” or similar words.

    Sammamish Municipal Code Chapter 5.45 regulates the delivery of unsolicited or unsubscribed literature on private property. Candidates are exempt from these regulations if their literature is distributed as described above (see code sections 5.45.050 SMC and 5.45.060 SMC).

    How does someone apply for a Special Use Permit related to events, and what is necessary for it to be approved?

    Special use Permits are applied for by groups or individuals who want to do an activity, event or program outside of the standard rental facilities established by the City. These activities could take place in open spaces, trails or other park amenities. Also, special use permit applications come into play if an activity or event is outside the normal scope of use for a public rented facility, such as shooting a commercial on an athletic field.

    The City developed the special use permit application in 2019 and began using it in 2020 to provide a process to handle all the requests and inquires that we’ve been receiving over the years through email and phone. Approval of a special use permit is granted on a case-by-case basis. Currently, the special use permit is not posted on the City's website as staff still need to establish some additional policies and procedures related to the kinds of requests we are seeing, and details directly related to events.  

    Please see the Special Use Permit Application form here.

    The Budget in Brief shows 1.9% of the budget going toward Administrative & Human Services - what is the breakdown by department?

    The 2021-2022 Budget provides detail for the Human Services and Administrative Services departments. Note that the Admin Services Department is composed of three divisions - City Clerk, Human Resources, and Administrative. 

    The 2021-2022 Social & Human Services Budget is as follows:

    2021 Budget = $769,600

    2022 Budget = $733,800

    The Administrative Services (001-018) is split out as follows:

    City Clerk Division:

    2021 Budget = $729,400

    2022 Budget = $733,800

    Human Resources Division

    2021 Budget = $394,600

    2022 Budget = $407,300

    Administrative Services Division (formerly combined with HR, includes King County Contract for animal control services in 21-22 Budget)

    2021 Budget = $351,300

    2022 Budget = $511,500

    What road projects has the City completed since 2017?

    Since January 1, 2017: 

    1. Issaquah-Fall City Road, Phase 1
    2. SE 4th Street Improvement - Town Center
    3. Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Phase 1a Project - installing fiber optic cable on Sahalee Way and adding adaptive traffic signal systems at intersections at NE 25th and NE 37th.
    4. 212th Way SE (Snake Hill) Repair
    5. Louis Thompson Road SE Slide Repair and Drainage Improvements
    6. 212th Ave SE Non-Motorized Improvements: SE 24th St To Crossings At Pine Lake