City Council Approves 2nd Round of Small Business Support Grants; Non-profits are Eligible to Apply
At its regular meeting on October 20, 2020, the Sammamish City Council approved reopening the application process for a second round of grants to support local small businesses and nonprofits affected by the COVID-19 public health emergency. This program builds on the first round of grants, which distributed $420,000 to 42 small businesses in need of support.
The second round of grants will be open to small businesses and nonprofits meeting the following criteria:
- A maximum of 25 FTEs (full-time equivalent employees)
- Physically located within Sammamish
- An active Sammamish Business License
- Been in operation in Sammamish since June 1, 2019
- Sustained a 25% or greater loss in second-quarter year-over-year revenues
- Nonprofits must be registered as a 501(c)(3) with the IRS
- Cannot be owned or partially owned by a current City of Sammamish employee or Councilmember or an immediate family member of a current City of Sammamish employee or Councilmember.
In this round, $400,000 in funding is available for individual grants ranging from $1,000 to $15,000. Grant awards will depend on the impact of COVID-19 on the small business or nonprofit and on the funds available. These grants will be available to reimburse eligible expenditures incurred between March 1, 2020 – November 30, 2020.
An online application for the second round support grants will open on November 1, 2020 and close on November 29, 2020. The link and instructions for the application will be available at https://www.sammamish.us/support-grants.