Sammamish City Council Approves Small Business Recovery Grants
On September 1, 2020, the Sammamish City Council approved the distribution of $10,000 each to 42 eligible small businesses who have been impacted adversely by COVID-19.
The $420,000 grant fund is comprised of $98,370 from King County CARES Act Funds and $321,630 from the City of Sammamish’s general fund.
The Small Business Recovery Grants are meant to support local businesses as they begin to re-open and expand operations. Minimum eligibility criteria included:
- A maximum of 15 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees
- Located within Sammamish
- An active Sammamish Business License
- Been in operation since June 1, 2019
- Experienced impacts from COVID-19
- Businesses cannot be owned or partially owned by a current City of Sammamish employee or Councilmember or an immediate family member of a current City of Sammamish employee or Councilmember.
The City Council also discussed a second round of small business grant funding for later this year. A Council Committee is currently working on details for this second small business grant cycle.
More details on the small business grant recipients can be found here.