Sammamish City Council Approves Small Business Recovery Grants
On September 1, 2020, the Sammamish City Council approved the distribution of $10,000 each to 42 eligible small businesses who have been impacted adversely by COVID-19.
The $420,000 grant fund is comprised of $98,370 from King County CARES Act Funds and $321,630 from the City of Sammamish’s general fund.
The Small Business Recovery Grants are meant to support local businesses as they begin to re-open and expand operations. Minimum eligibility criteria included:
- A maximum of 15 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees
- Located within Sammamish
- An active Sammamish Business License
- Been in operation since June 1, 2019
- Experienced impacts from COVID-19
- Businesses cannot be owned or partially owned by a current City of Sammamish employee or Councilmember or an immediate family member of a current City of Sammamish employee or Councilmember.
The City Council also discussed a second round of small business grant funding for later this year. A Council Committee is currently working on details for this second small business grant cycle.
More details on the small business grant recipients can be found here.
This project was archived.
Please visit https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health.aspx for the latest COVID-19 information.