This project was archived.
Please visit https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health.aspx for the latest COVID-19 information.
Category pet walking Show all
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this link
Safe Start plans and guidance for reopening
On May 1, Gov. Jay Inslee announced the extension of his Stay Home, Stay Healthy order through May 31, 2020 and outlined the phased “Safe Start” approach he and public health officials will take for resuming recreational, social and business activities. He issued the new proclamation on May 4, 2020 to begin Phase 1. Phase 1 builds upon re-opening of some construction activity and outdoor activities such as fishing, hunting, playing golf and some park access.
The state will stay in every phase for a minimum of three weeks in order to allow one complete disease incubation period plus an additional week to compile complete data and confirm trends. Every phase will still require social distancing and appropriate health precautions including the use of personal protective equipment in a number of workplaces.
This phased approach may be adjusted as the pandemic evolves. You can view the COVID-19 Risk Assessment dashboard used by the governor and public health leaders to evaluate the risk associated with possible modifications to the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
The governor’s office will provide industry-specific guidance and safety criteria for businesses listed in each phase of the plan. Business activities are not authorized to open until a business is able to meet all safety criteria. Guidance documents will be added here as they become available.
Workplace safety and health complaints may be submitted to the L&I Call Center: (1-800-423-7233).
General questions from employers about the Safe Start plan can be directed to the state’s Business Response Center.
Additional workplace safety guidance is available on our Business & Workers page. Visit our What’s Open page for more information about which personal, recreational and spiritual activities are allowed.
Phase 1 business activity guidelines
List of approved essential programs - issued May 7
- Car washes (pdf) - issued May 7
- Commercial driver license guidelines (pdf) - issued May 7
- Construction (pdf) - issued April 24
- Curbside retail and e-commerce Memo (pdf) - issued May 8
- Curbside retail requirements (pdf) - issued May 8
- Essential workforce education program standards - issued May 7
- Landscaping memo (pdf) - issued May 8
- Landscaping requirements (pdf) - issued May 8
- Pet walking memo (pdf) - issued May 8
- Pet walking industry requirements (pdf) - issued May 8
- Spiritual drive-in services (pdf) - issued May 6
- Vehicle sales (pdf)- issued May 6
Phase 2 business activity guidelines