Category ppe Show all
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this link
Starting on May 18, 2020, King County residents are directed to wear face coverings in most public settings.
Wear a face covering when you are at any indoor or outdoor public space where you may be within 6 feet of someone who does not live with you.
Everyone is strongly urged to wear face coverings in places such as:
- Stores that sell food and beverages (including: grocery stores, pharmacies, corner stores, convenience stores, liquor stores, farmers' markets, food banks, farm and produce stands, supermarkets, big box stores that sell groceries, and similar places that sell food).
- Retail stores (including: convenience stores, pet supply stores, auto supplies and repair shops, hardware and home improvement stores, garden stores that sell supplies for growing food, office supply stores, and home appliance stores).
- Restaurant take-out and food businesses. Employees who prepare, carry out, and deliver food must wear masks.
- Cannabis shops and stores that sell dietary supplements.
- Tobacco and vapor shops.
- Buses, light rail, and other forms of public transportation.
A face covering is not needed when you are outside walking, exercising, or otherwise outdoors if you are able to regularly stay 6 feet away from other people who do not live with you.
Learn more on the King County website