Three Week Look-Ahead 2/11/20-3/3/20
Traffic Alert! On Thursday (2/20/20) between the hours of 9am-3pm, traffic will be restricted at the temporary roundabout intersection of Issaquah Beaver Lake Road and 256th Ave/West Beaver Lake Drive with flaggers. The contractor will be restricting the roundabout to only one leg access at a time. There will be flaggers at each of the four approaching legs to the intersection to help guide traffic through and around the location of construction. Next Monday, (2/24/20) single lane closures along Issaquah Fall City Road will continue to occur for the installation of utilities.
Below is your three week look-ahead for Issaquah Fall City Road Phase 1 for 2/11/20:
The Contractor for the Issaquah-Fall City Road project is taking advantage of the break in the weather to construct the roundabout at the intersection of Issaquah Beaver Lake Road and 256th Ave SE beginning today, Tuesday, February 11.
The work has been planned and signed for a while, but the weather has delayed work up to this point. The contractor will be placing the paint striping and signage, and using orange barrels and cones until the final concrete curbs are installed over the existing asphalt roadway. The concrete work can occur with light rains and is planned to be completed by this weekend.
The contractor will be working in the roadway between the hours of 9:30 am and 3:00 pm to account for school traffic at the neighboring middle school. Please expect flaggers during the hours of construction. Until the roundabout is complete, please follow the posted stop signs that have been used while the flooding of Issaquah-Fall City Road has occurred.
We know there's been a lot of change at this intersection over the last week, and we thank you for using care and patience as you drive. Challenger Elementary and Beaver Lake Middle are walking schools, so please be mindful of children in the area. This roundabout will be a change for them too, so please be aware that the children might not be as aware of their surroundings as they usually are.
If you have any questions please, contact the project manager, Sam Park, at 425-295-0538.
Issaquah-Fall City Road (IFCR) 2/7/20
Please note that during peak delays, using the project detour route, Issaquah Beaver Lake Rd to Issaquah Pine Lake Road, may result in shorter drive times
Work is currently occurring primarily in front of Pacific Cascade Middle School (PCMS), on the south side of the roadway:
- PSE Gas is increasing the depth of their high pressure gas line located beneath IFCR
- PSE Electric, Comcast, Century Link, & Verizon are relocating to a Joint Utility Trench
- Utilities are finalizing plans to relocate existing poles and lines to allow the bridge construction to begin
- Storm drainage installation is continuing on the project
- Construction continues on the new student walkway and wall leading up to the front entrance of PCMS
- Bridge Column Rebar Cages are being built by steel fabricators and detailers off-site
- Construction on the temporary roundabout at SE Issaquah-Beaver Lake Rd./256th Ave SE/E Beaver Lake Dr. is expected to begin on Tuesday, Feb. 11.